The Heath Logistics department is a comprehensive service provided by SOG Ltd to Heath residents, comprising of an internal delivery service along with external delivery to almost any destination around the world, utilising the most economic and efficient courier companies for total customer accountability.
Located at the rear of the Science Centre, Lee Wylding manages the logistics service and will be happy to discuss all services or additional services not detailed here.
Normal arrangements include delivery/collection of mail to one nominated office or lab.
Mail Delivery/Collection Times (leaving the logistics department) approx:
1000 hrs – delivery/collection
1445 hrs – delivery/collection
Latest Cut-Off Time
Items reaching the logistics department after the times below are not guaranteed to be despatched on that day.
|Inland Courier||1600 hrs|
|Overseas Courier||1600 hrs|
|Special GPO Services||1630 hrs|
|Royal Mail 1st & 2nd class||1645 hrs|
Private mail will be collected by the logistics team for posting if it is adequately stamped. Alternatively, private mail can be brought to the logistics department for posting.
1st & 2nd Class Mail
Inland Mail: all mail is sent 2nd class unless otherwise requested.
A fully completed request form is required for the services listed below. Please ensure forms are securely attached to the letter/parcel.
- Same Day Inland Courier – this service guarantees a same day delivery through a dedicated driver. No request form is required as this is arranged as a verbal booking.
- Inland Courier Service – guaranteed next day delivery service with timed deliveries from 0900 – 1600 hrs with optional insurance cover.
- Overseas Courier Service – an express delivery service for urgent documents/parcels with optional insurance cover. Non-hazardous only.
- Inland Royal Mail Signed For – usually delivered within 2 working days. Proof of delivery. Compensation up to £50 (not including money, jewellery or other items of value)
- Inland Royal Mail Special Delivery – proof of delivery plus a guaranteed 0900 and 1300 hrs delivery on the next working day, plus compensation from £50 to £2500.
- International Tracked and Signed – tracked and signed is a combination service offering full end-to-end tracking, signature on delivery and on-line delivery confirmation.
- International Tracked – ideal for sending important or valuable goods. Offering tracking at 5 points after despatch as well as an on-line confirmation of delivery.
- International Signed – your item will be tracked until it leaves the UK and only handed over at its final destination once a signature is acquired from the recipient.
Security – tracking and signature items travel in a separate network while they are in the UK, and provide proof of posting and compensation up to £50 as standard. There is also the option of extra compensation up to £250 to protect valuable items against loss or damage.
The logistics department will be happy to quote a price should you require assistance in folding/inserting documents into envelopes. Posting of private letters/packages (via 1st or 2nd class post or courier) can be arranged through the logistics department upon receipt of payment. Newspapers/magazines can be ordered upon request and delivered on the first mail delivery. This will be charged for on a monthly basis.
A range of goods are available from the logistics retail counter, these include various PPE items (disposable gloves etc), waste drums, paper towel rolls and a small range of chemicals.
Your incoming goods are dropped off with our logistics department at the rear of the Science Centre. If you are expecting an urgent package, inform the logistics team as soon as possible.
If you have gas cylinder stores in the SOG cylinder compound, the logistics team can deliver these cylinders to your location. Just call into the logistics department or email your request.
Lab Waste Collections:
Drums for solvent/glass/toxic waste are available from the logistics team. We deliver empty drums to your location and remove full ones on request to a storage area whilst you arrange disposal.
Contact: T: 01928 51-3452 or E: firstname.lastname@example.org